- Favorite Books: Cryptonomicon, Snow Crash, The Diamond Age... The Goal, Toyota Production System... A Wild Sheep's Chase
- Favorite Authors: Neal Stephenson, Malcolm Gladwell, Haruki Murakami, Shigeo Shingo
- Favorite Genres: Biographies, Memoirs, Business History, Scifi, Fantasy, History of Science, Journalism, Military History, Political Science... basically, I'm a nerd.
- Favorite Characters: Sherlock Holmes (I'm a cliche), Edward Cullen (just kidding)
- Recent Reads: The Case for Goliath, The Elements of Journalism, Beyond Band of Brothers, Scalia Dissents, Raising the Bar
- Favorite Movies: The Paper Chase
- Favorite Actors: Harrison Ford (pre Hollywood Homicide), Kiefer Sutherland (post Jack Bauer)
- Favorite Directors: David Lean
- Favorite Genre: documentaries, action movies (with big explosions), foreign flicks with subtitles (because I am going deaf... why don't all movies have subtitles?!)
- Movie Quotes I say all the time: I've got a bad feeling about this
- Movies I can watch over and over: The Paper Chase
- Actor that would play me in a movie: Jack Bauer
- Games I Play: Burnout 3, Burnout Revenge, Tribes 2, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, Starcraft Broodwar
- Consoles: Xbox
- Favorite Classic Arcade Games: Digdug, Elevator Action, Gauntlet, Street Fighter 2 (where I would get schooled by 6 year olds mashing the buttons).
- Most Addictive: Probably Diablo 2
- Proudest Achievements: Finishing all five single player missions in Tribes 2 on the hardest level, without dying once.
I believe that children are our future. Teach them well, and let them lead the way.
Posted my morning commute from Brooklyn to Manhattan. What I left out is that it is really fricking cold lately!!!
I am posting this from my Commodore 64 Xanga app...
I am really into this twelve year old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oBQnIumBRY
I love it!
Good luck on this Friday the 13th!! Anything bad happen yet?
Things you don't want to hear your kid say in the middle of the night: "Daddy, I throw up!"
Our Customer Service contact form stopped working recently... working on a fix! You can still email us at email@example.com tho... :-)
The mobile app is really coming together! Will post an update on it soon...
Bought a latte today, and them promptly left it at the coffee shop. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!
Protected Posting is still my all-time favorite Xanga feature.
Reality hits you hard bro. So true! Great song... http://youtu.be/FCSBoOcGFFE
Gonna get a treadmill desk, should be interesting.
Photo uploads should be fixed now?
I am starting to prefer m.xanga.com over the standard Xanga interface.
Just finished the Steve Jobs biography. Was inspiring, but also depressing he could be such a jerk http://read.bi/vqKX08
Charlie is teething and it is making him throw a lot of tantrums. I miss the good boy that used to live in my house!
@ all Just to clarify, we chose Council members based on who applied. Dan, we would love to interview you next time around! Much love, John
Just about fully recovered from tonsillitis! Truly horrible...
More About Me
- Nicknames: My nickname growing up was "Xanga". It was an acronym for Xceptionally Awesome Ninja GangstA.
- Religion: Xanga
- Website: http://www.xanga.com
- School Name: South Lakes High School
- Class of: 1992
- Attended: 1988 - 1992
- School Name: Dartmouth College
- Status: Undergrad
- Class of: 1996
- Attended: 1992 - 1996
- Degree type: Bachelors
- Major(s): Economics, Japanese
- Minor(s): Engineering
- Favorite Cuisine: French Bistro, Steakhouse, Korean, Thai. Also, greasy spoon diners.
- Favorite Dishes: Anything with carbs in it. Also: steaks, eggs, and broccoli.
- Favorite Desserts: Cheesecake
- Favorite Drinks: Diet Peach Snapple
- Favorite Junk Foods: Cool Ranch Doritos
- Favorite Restaurants: 'ino, Danal
- Places I love: Xanga. Oh you mean like, real places? Ok here goes: Tuscany, New York City, Tokyo, the Philippines, and anywhere that feels like "family"
- Places I've been: Italy, South of Spain (sounds cooler than just saying "Spain" huh), Japan, the Philippines... that's about it.
- Places to see before I die: I would like to go to North Africa, and visit the ruins of Carthage.
- Dream Vacation: I don't really take vacations, except to visit my family.
- Favorite Artists: Ben Webster, Oscar Peterson, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Keane, Maroon 5, Lauren Hill
- Favorite Albums: Louis Armstrong meets Oscar Peterson, Ben Webster Meets Oscar Peterson, ok basically when anyone meets Oscar Peterson
- Favorite Genre: Jazz standards, Funk, R&B, and whatever Keane/Maroon 5 are
- Favorite Songs: The Touch of Your Lips, with Ben Webster on Sax
- Guilty Pleasure: Pink
- Songs I repeat the most: My headphones broke so I am music-less.
- Favorite Shows: 24, Law & Order, Law & Order SVU, Cheers, Seinfeld, Lois & Clark <-- I guess I haven't watched a lot of TV ever since this thing called the "Internet" came out.
- Favorite Channels: HBO, any channel with Law & Order on it
- Favorite Reruns: Three's Company
- Most Addictive Show: 24
- Favorite Late Night Talk Show: Conan. And for the record: everyone says that Dave Letterman is better than Jay, but I totally disagree. Dave is so bitter and angry... I feel sorry for him
- Favorite Episode: Season 5 of 24, when Jack Bauer kills the President of the United States! Just kidding... did I get you?
- Show I Secretly Watch: The Nanny. She was working at a bridal shop in Flushing Queens, when her boyfriend kicked her out in one of those crushing scenes. Awesome.
- Show I wished wasn't cancelled: La Femme Nikita